March 02, 2012

Things You Don't Want to Talk to Your Parents About

Don't try to tell me what to do,
Don't try to tell me what to say,
You're better off that way. . . .
This guilt trip that you put me on won't, mess me up I've done no wrong
Any thoughts of you and me have gone away
- Avril Lavigne, Don't Tell Me

This song is  about a boyfriend, but I do believe the lyrics aforementioned fit quite nicely to the average teenager's thoughts against his or her parents.


This is another great song by Kate Nash. It's called Mariella and is all about this little girl, Mariella of course, and how she is very unique and different . . . and her mother cannot stand it!
Please do this for me!"
Most people, and by most I really mean the majority, do no understand what anxiety or depression or worthlessness feels like. Therefore, I would like to off me being your adoptive parental unit. Contact me for help any time! (Contact info in the sidebar => )

So here are a few things you never want to talk to your parents about, and a few answers to those questions.
I just found this on Tumblr. This is how my legs looked almost
nightly though, I'm better. Scarred, but no more bleeding for me!
Cutting 411 (More like 911! . . . Ba dum tsss)
Question #1: Why should I stop cutting if it helps? It's  not too deep. Just a little scratch.
- It is never just a little scratch. It will multiply
- Your skin is not all you have to worry about. Cutting causes a lot of self-conscienceness about your body, which is just another worry you do not need!
- You might be planning a small scratch, but the razor slips. You can cut so deep you bleed out. You can't be stitched up if cut in a certain orientation (I will no be telling you this).
- No matter the size, you are prone to infections, some are even fatal.

 Question #2: Regardless of my current cutting habits, how can I hide my scars from everyone?

- Honestly, I don't want to answer this. I'd rather you stop because you can't have people see them. And quite truthfully, there is no way to hide them. Some day, you will have them seen, or at least questioned.
- Long sleeves work well, but avoid wearing them in hot climates; questions may be asked.
- Bracelets! Lots of bracelets! Stack them up!
- Jackets. This shows you can take it off and be cooler, but still supplies the cover up.
- Rub a cut up lemon across your scars daily. It really works!
- Once legal, I'm getting a tattoo across my wrist. I'll see it anytime I'm triggered. Photo below!

Question #3: How can I stop cutting? I'm ready for help!
- I quit cold turkey (such an unflattering expression).  It was tough, but I liked it. I stopped the moment I realized I was bleeding more than ever before. I counted it day by day. I made myself wear shorts and short sleeves; my body open for all approving eyes. I will admit to giving in occasionally, even now, but very rarely. I stopped officially, I say, in October--towards the end. I think I have a small relapse every month. Mostly just one little "session". My most previous was actually Sunday. I didn't cut, but I chewed my lip till I bled.
- Think of how nice it will be to have normal clothing! You might have to pick your wedding dress around your scars! That would be the pits! How will you tell your kids? What happens if your mom walks in on your changing--or anyone, for that matter? You will have to explain the scars.
- Won't you be proud to have accomplished something that once seemed just so damn implausible?



Relationships in the 21st Century: From "Courting" to "FWB"

Question #1: He wants to fool around only. Is that okay?
-Absolutely never ever do this. Promising, one person always ends up hurt.
- If it's your first time to do anything, don't you want to share it with someone special?
- I don't care who denies it, you will never be comfortable friends again. It will always be shifty eyes and interests in one's shoes.
- You can end up with some sort of STD, and you most certainly don't want one if it wasn't even for someone worth it!
- Boys are boys. He will mostly likely tell his friends and the word will get out. Trust me.


 
Question #2: How do I know if I should break up with him? 
- I have a rather interesting checklist to know if he's wrong or staying strong:
  1. Does he make you laugh?
  2. Do you trust him around other girls? (All. Not just that one girl.)
  3. Do you have fights more than once every two weeks? Not bickers. Fights.
  4. Do you like the same music?
  5. Do you like the same movies?
  6. Does he make you feel bright?
  7. Do you guys get to do goofy things?
  8. Do you think he just smells lovely?
  9. Do you see yourself with him next year?
  10. Does he make you sad?

Question #3: Am I ready for sex?
- Do you love him?
- Are you ready to support a child if you happen to have one?
- Will he stay with you if he is the father?
- Do you want to? Or does he?
- Are you knowledgeable on safety? STDs and HIV? Do you understand how you can get pregnant?

Friends or as Annoying as the Bends?
Question #1: She was telling someone something I didn't give her permission to share. Now it's a  rumor circling the school!
-Was she talking about you behind your back? That isn't a friendly thing to do! But if she was asking for advice, and the other person exaggerated it to a rumor, that isn't so bad. You both need to talk about it and decide how to react comfortably.
Question #2: We like the same guy!
- Some argue that DIBS! is the best determination. I think neither of you should make a move before one of you are over him. Make sure she is okay with this!
Question #3: Best friends--Can't talk openly?
- Been friends since elementary school? You feel obligated to be friends. Never! If you can't talk, then you can't be friends. Friends are real.
- Ask them to open up. If they seem agitated, give them some space.
- Seek trust in her. Open up a little at a time.
- If you can't trust them, you need to tell them.


It isn't easy to talk to parents, but you should try it some time.



                           YouTube                         Tumblr (Quality)                       Tumblr (Personal)
  











No comments:

Post a Comment